Dashboard | +Follow
#5 Life Of Pi
was posted at 03:20 with 0 comments


Greetings everyone!



Does the title rings any bell? I bet it does. This movie is also another adaptation from book with the same title by Yann Martel. This movie starred by the legendary Irfan Khan. Based on the synopsis by Imdb; In Canada, a writer visits the Indian storyteller Pi Patel and asks him to tell his life story. Pi tells the story of his childhood in Pondicherry, India, and the origin of his nickname. One day, his father, a zoo owner, explains that the municipality is no longer supporting the zoo and he has hence decided to move to Canada, where the animals the family owns would also be sold. They board on a Japanese cargo ship with the animals and out of the blue, there is a storm, followed by a shipwrecking. Pi survives in a lifeboat with a zebra, an orangutan, a hyena and a male Bengal tiger nicknamed Richard Parker. They are adrift in the Pacific Ocean, with aggressive hyena and Richard Parker getting hungry. Pi needs to find a way to survive.

Overall this is amazing yet outstanding movie. I was horrified by the scene of the ship wreckage. I can’t imagine if that will happen to me. Pi literally had a very tough and rough time. He lost his one and only family.

I adore the CGI. The scene in the middle of the sea make it look like a real one. Anxious and frustrating were all in one. This movie is really one of kind because not all movie can blend well between the character and the animal. Richard Parker the Bengal tiger really make me nervous all the time. I know this is sound weird but I always have the picture that Pi well end up be the meal for Richard Parker. But this is where the strength of the character showed up, how he handled the situation for the sake of surviving was really incredible. If I was in his shoes, I might probably just jump into the water. Done.

For your information, this movie is also quite a talk because the beliefs of Pi. In his childhood, he loved to discover new things. He searching for his own belief. Where he actually belonged. He once believed in Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam at the same time. To see what can God do to him. He loved the work of religions. He ended up followed his family after being lectured by his father about his act.

Well I think that’s all from me as I want you guys to watch it by yourself and feel it. I bet there a lots of values in the movie that can be applied in our daily life.



Bye!

0 Comment(s)


Older Post | Newer Post