Dashboard | +Follow
#13 Tenggelamnya Kapal Van Der Wijck
was posted at 23:57 with 0 comments
Greetings everyone!



here goes the trailer



I bet this title rings any bell to any classic prose lover or Hamka’s fans. This one is my favourite. My dad has been told me about this story like several times. He told me he had a big collection of Hamka’s when he was a teacher but unfortunately missing. He kept reading those all over again and kept shed his manly tears. He explains that a love of a man could be as big as a woman could not imagine, and can be so cruel when ego controls them. Since then, I was curious about this novel. I don’t have intention to find it but recently my housemate recommended me to watch this movie. So I watched. I swear to God, I cried heavily. Cried my heart out. I never cry this much when I watch a movie. I think of buying a copy of the book as a gift to my father and give him an opportunity to watch the movie. He adores Hamka as he even framed his quotes and put it in his bedroom.


Well, here it is. Tenggelamnya Kapal Van Der Wijck tells about the love story of Zainuddin and Hayati. This is an Indonesian famous love story. Zainuddin a poor guy with sincere heart came to Batipuh, Padang where his late father’s belongs to. When he was there, he met a woman name Hayati and fall in love. Hayati is a pristine lady and so beautiful inside and out. they were together in love and Zainuddin is going to take Hayati as a wife. But, to live in a society where puts culture on the top it is not that easy for them. Hayati was born as Minang but Zainuddin was not. Hayati’s uncle totally rejected Zainuddin and chase him away from the village because they holding so strong on Adat Perpatih. Before Zainuddin leaves, Hayati swear between her life and death that whatever happen she’ll be Zainuddin’s wife and will wait for him for as many as years took. She gave her shawl for Zainuddin to keep.


Things get harder when Hayati been proposed by Aziz to be his wife. She’s been forced by her uncle to accept the Aziz and she did. Hayati told Zainuddin to forget her and moving on with his life. Zainuddin since that day was deadly broken, ill, mentally disturbed and changed into another person. I never expect that a hope given from a woman can change a man that much. To be short, after two years, Zainuddin becoming a successful writer after moving to Surabaya. He wrote a story entitle Teroesir. It tells about how his love with Hayati ended up.

I am not proceeding because I am not going to be spoiler, but there’s a part where Zainuddin throw up everything what has been in his heart for the rest of two years. This is the part where everyone will burst into tears. By his own ego, he lost his own love of the life. Just an ego.










Zainuddin portrayed by Herjunot Ali and Hayati portrayed by Pevita Pearce leave a big hole in the audiences’ heart. This movie is so far, the one which affected so much in my life. With the good soundtrack which I can’t resist to download,( I hope I will moving on from this  movie and stop thinking about Zainuddin). There’s lot of things that I learnt from the movie. in Zainuddin’s pov himself, he broke and failed and he stand up again and finally failed all over again. Life has never been fair to all of us. Whatever leave us, there’s must be something that God will replace with. To be in the sad state forever is not good. We have to wake up and see the world, observe all around us. Take every chances and opportunity, leaves all the scars behind. what else i can say, this epic classic romantic movie is one of a kind. 
i think that is all from me, goodbye.



“Di belakang kita berdiri satu tugu yang bernama nasib, di sana telah tertulis rol yang akan kita jalani. Meskipun bagaimana kita mengelak dari ketentuan yang tersebut dalam nasib itu, tiadalah dapat, tetapi harus patuh kepada perintahnya.” -- Hamka

0 Comment(s)


Older Post